Monday, February 16, 2009


In order to save a little bit of money I decided to get my hair cut at the Paul Mitchell Hair School last friday. A few friends of mine have been and have been impressed with the quality of their cuts...though it does take a LONG time. On friday morning I walked down to the salon- a nice 1.5 mile walk through Balboa Park, Banker's Hill, Little Italy and then the outskirts of downtown San Diego. I got to the school at 9:45, was given coffee and explained to my hair cutter exactly what I wanted: a slight trim with long layers. Easy, right?! 2.5 hours later I was near tears with a lop-sided, uneven, $20, extremely short layers hair cut. I know I tend to exagerate a bit, but the cut was awful...even after the teacher "fixed" it, it still looked bad. Moral of the story: don't scrimp and save when it comes to your hair. Now I have to pay the normal price for a hair cut this week to get it fixed. I learned my lesson. On a brighter note, they do offer a shampoo and style for a very low price of $14- with a 5 minute head massage included. Perfect for a hot date or a fun night on the town. In addition, they are currently offering a botanical facial scrub and massage for $5!! So not worth the trip for a hair cut, but worth it for a little bit of pampering.


Paul Mitchell School
410 A Street
San Diego, CA 92101

No comments:

Post a Comment