Tuesday, February 10, 2009

HEAR


Tuesday: the day of new music on iTunes. I love Tuesdays not only due to the new music but also because "free on iTunes" has a fresh batch of new songs. Free = good to this jobless, money saving girl, but today I was a bit disappointed. The two, free songs were not worth the download. Instead I urge you to check out DELTA SPIRIT's new EP, live from SOHO. They have such a great sound. I love his rich, kind of raspy voice and if you aren't up to listening to the whole EP, then at least download "trashcan." Trust me, it is worth it. You will like it. INGRID MICHAELSON is amazing and she also has a new EP: live session. Her "BE OK" album is one of my favorites from 2008 and you will not be disappointed with this EP... She even reworks Radiohead's "Creep." Finally, new on the iTunes music front is a band called PARACHUTE, VA. A friend of my family, Nate McFarland, is the guitarist and their new single is called "She is love" and it is really good. Check out the acoustic version of the song as well. It really is beautiful.
***IF you live in Alexandria, Virginia, GO to SARA BAREILLES' show at Birchmere. Tomorrow, the 11th, at 8 PM. It will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment