Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bday Cookies

I always find it so difficult to come up with Birthday presents for guys. My big brother's birthday is on Sunday and it was especially difficult this time because he is such a thoughtful gift giver: Vogues (my fav. mag.) from every city, Italian wine wrapped in pieced together scraps of a french fashion newspaper, and even clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls...he is always to creative in what he gives.

Because I live too far away to actually celebrate with him this year, I decided to make him his favorite cookies and purchase a beer glass as he has been very into beer lately. I purchased the beer glass, or mug, if you will, at my neighborhood pub and brewery: Magnolia. Their homemade brews are top notch and they also have a great selection of food. Check it out!

He loves chocolate covered oreos, so I purchased a block of dark chocolate from Trader Joe's and some mini oreos and spent my Sunday afternoon heating up chocolate, dipping the oreos, licking my fingers and sprinkling sprinkles. They turned out perfectly and are one of my new favorite treats.



Finally, his favorite dessert is Lemon Merigne Pie. I wasn't about to figure out how to make and send the pie down to San Diego, so in lieu of the pie, I made lemon cookie crisps. Upon purchasing his mug, I stuffed it chalk full of the treats, wrapped it in Magnolia menus and shipped it off to his house.

I hope he likes it AND I hope he doesn't read this blog...!

1 comment: